Monday, April 26, 2010

joy of spring

The sun shined the whole weekend. It was lovely.

My seeds that I started last week sprouted, which is incredible! Also the morning glories are poking out their heads..

Noah and I chased each other around the yard. He was barefoot running in the grass for the first time in his life.

Bryan and my dad put up a new (rather, old, but given to us) wooden swing set with a slide.

We threw rocks into the pond.

I hung diapers to dry on the clothes line yesterday for the first time.

Spring is especially perfect this year because although it's not Noah's very first spring, it is the first one that he is able to discover for himself.  The "plop" of a rock splashing into the pond made him more excited than I have ever seen him. We had to pull him (and the dog) away.... even going to see the "moos' wasn't enough to get him to leave the rocks and water.

It's also awesome because our first family garden is being started this year. My tomatoes, cauliflower, cabbage and onions have sprouted....hoping to plant the sweet corn this week. The garden needs to be tilled and then the raised beds need to be made but it shouldn't take long.

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments.