Sunday, January 16, 2011

On vaccines and moving beyond fear....


This article is a worth a read with all the hoopla in the news re:Wakefield and autism, etc.


Two things I whole-heartedly resonate with... 

"To tell you the truth, I've grown weary of talking about vaccination choices.  It's an endless circle of discussion.  In the same way that I cannot talk about abortion to someone who has a different view than I do about when life begins, I also cannot talk about vaccinations with someone who has a different view than I do about which takes precedence: the health of the individual or the health of the public at large."

and
"I wish more people realized that my being discerning about what goes into my infant's body is not solely perpetrated by a fear of autism."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments.