Saturday, March 20, 2010

Unmatched Socks

As I sit among at least thirty single socks without matches at the residential home where I work, I wonder how many different mothers; tired, worn, hungry, rushed mothers, these socks represent. Buying socks... one of those things you never think about but everyone does. Everyone needs socks. It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, healthy or sick, busy or not, you need socks. All the kids that come though these doors were wearing or brought socks with them. Or at least most of them. The ones that don't, get to pick from the sock bin...which I am currently creating. It feels really sad to be folding hand me down socks. Even sadder when most are unmatched and worn. It's good to know that most moms buy socks for their kids but the reality is that some don't. or can't. When you are six years old, all you know is that you don't have any.

Appreciating my socks today...no matter how much I despise the way they disappear into the depths of the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments.