Thursday, May 5, 2011

Weekend Reads

I know it's not quite the weekend but since I'll most likely not get back into the blog for another couple days, I thought I would type this up now. There's been a lot of great stuff floating around the past couple of days so here we go!

The Development of Resilience - The Essential Parenting Blog (a new fave.. Thanks Hippie Housewife)

Noah and I have been having some pretty incredible "battles" of sorts so I've been searching for ways to refresh my memory on discipline...etc....."time outs" just don't do it...and other forms of traditional punishment are not an option.. learning to discipline instead of punish and hoping to find effective ways to connect and talk with Noah during those difficult times.


 I also have to say I don't think correlation necessarily indicts causation but could be a contributing factor along with lack of breastfeeding..highly surgical births...etc...

I've been reading up on vaccines since we're still deciding what to do about Audrey's vaccination schedule...Noah follows Dr. Sears Alternative Vaccine Schedule ending at 15 months after a horrible reaction to the DTAP vaccine... since then we haven't given him any shots and won't until daycare or school (whichever comes first..) and we will be testing for titers first. which reminds me..anyone have chicken pox?!


Incredible blog by Tara Livesay ... journaling birth,babies, women and ministry in Haiti. Recommended to me by a good friend and Pastor Tyler Thompson... so far, fascinating!!

I'll end with a quote from the Livesay blog that sums up how I want to live my life.

Better to love God and die unknown than to love the world and be a hero; better to be content with poverty than to die a slave to wealth; better to have taken some risks and lost than to have done nothing and succeeded at it. -E. Lutzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't hate comments.